Kerry Dock is one of Sydney’s most experienced and dedicated full time professional coaches. He is the Coaching Director of the Tennis Blast Academy and has a long list of students.
He has became a coach in Sydney’s Inner West in 1978, full time since 1983 and has taught over 10,000 players of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds.
Kerry’s aim is to introduce people to Tennis and for each person to enjoy their Tennis journey to the maximum.
The first book that Kerry read (a gift from his father Tam) on Tennis is called Tennis A-Z by US Tennis legend of the 1920s, Big Bill Tilden. Kerry’s favourite phrase from this book written in 1930s, was that the legendary Tilden said
“I urge you to play Tennis!” “Tennis is an international language!”
Kerry’s coaching skills and knowledge are top level in all aspects and his advice can only enhance any tennis player’s playing standard and understanding of Tennis.
Kerry, the “Tennis Docktor” can usually
Troubleshoot or refer a specialist who can diagnose and solve just about any problem in Tennis that a player might have and inspire the individual to scientifically examine every aspect of their play including the following:
- Analysis and correction of stroke technique, movement, footwork
- Recommending practice methods
- Sports psychology, mental attitude
- Match-play tactics and game strategy
- Tennis specific fitness programme
- Character building and work ethic
- Qualified professional as a Tennis Coaches Australia Level 2 coach in 1983
- Current Tennis Australia level 2 coach and Hotshots provider
- Current Australian Tennis Professional Coaches Association Level 2 Coach
- Bailey Method Footwork Specialist
- International Tennis Federation ITN grading Assessor
- Played Sydney Inter-district competition from 1972 to 2005 for Western Suburbs, Parramatta-Baulkham Hills, St George-Sutherland and the NSW Chinese Tennis Association.
- Open Mens Singles Champion of Western Suburbs 1979, 1980, 1983
- Open Mens Singles Champion of Parramatta-Baulkham Hills District 1986
- NSW Chinese Tennis Association Mens Open Champion a record 8 times (1976-1984)
- Trinity Grammar Captain of Tennis 1976-77 & Open Tennis Champion (1975-77).
- Coach of 3 ATP & WTA top 500 players and several NSW state junior champions in singles and doubles
- 20 players who have reached the top 30 in NSW 2011-2018
Kerry Dock Coaching History
- Coach Strathfield Junior Tennis Club Limited
- Trained under master coach Terry Futcher 1978 to 1984
- Completed qualification at Tennis Coaches NSW in 1983
- Head Coach Parramatta Baulkham Hills Tennis Association
- Head Coach Strathfield Junior Tennis Club Limited
- Touring coach on ATP and WTA Circuits
- Freelance coach Chatswood, Bondi and Campbelltown, Strathfield
- Sydney Private Tennis Academy and Tennisworks Bexley
- Tennis Blast Academy Kogarah Bay 2003-2016
- Tennis Blast Beverly Hills 2016-
- Tennis Blast Burwood 2017-
- Tennis Blast Bankstown 2018-