- The aerobics are to warm up and are continuous throughout any game of Tennis or practice session.
- The strength is vital for both explosive power, endurance and injury prevention. The abdominal, upper body and leg strength exercises in Tennis Blast are simple, fun and effective.
- The groundstroke contact moves, which cover offensive, rally and defensive Forehand and Backhand footwork are the biggest break through in tennis footwork according to many.
- See here the New York Times article written about David Bailey’s contact move footwork for Tennis which is included in the Tennis Blast programme.
- The serve, return and approach to the net footwork can be used every time you play or coach Tennis. This is also on the Tennis Blast App.
- The flexibility in the Tennis Blast programme are the basic, core exercises that can keep you injury free.
- In my 40 years as a coach, I highly recommend these video clips that have verbal instructions from David Bailey, our master Tennis specific fitness and footwork specialist as a must for players, parents or coaches to use as their basis for teaching players individually or large groups in each of these movement skills. I use the theory from this programme every time I step on the court as a player and coach.
Kerry Dock, Coaching Director of Tennis Blast